Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What is Grace?

This question has been a persistent thought I find struggling to grasps my mind around.  Visually I can see grace through yoga postures, however I struggle to verbalize my thoughts of such a beautiful word.  My perception of grace is the connection or threads which consistently challenge us, helping us to recognize and understand ourselves as well as the universe surrounding us.  Opening to grace is an awareness to understanding the difficult yet wonderful gift of grace itself and how it plays such a vital role in life. Intangible as it seems to be, grace is always there and is always waiting for us to use in a vibrant way for our own divine play.  When presented with the idea from Ashley to create our own idea of what the chakras mean to me through art, it was a task I felt at home with.  The art materials laid out, the music was playing and inspiration was surrounding me.  Somehow my mind went blank but my hands took over letting my heart lead them.  About thirty minutes later I stood back, not truly knowing what I was painting, and realized how much emotion and energy was present in the simple picture. The power of art shined through and in this moment the depiction of my chakra's showed me more about myself than I could have asked.  When meeting with my Kula the next night, each of us took a step back to once again see our depiction of our chakras.  It was amazing to see it in a different light and with a different perspective from the previous day.  Taking a step back showed me a new story about myself, realizing that to take a step back and look at events in my life from different angles is sometimes a challenge, but very much necessary to gain a wiser insight into who I truly am. This morning I consciously told myself to release from the tension and focal point of where I place all of my energy and for god's sake open to grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment