Friday, July 29, 2011

Sweet Sunshine!

This post is dedicated to my friend and fellow teacher Kristin who opened my eyes to my road of finding out.  She was the first person in my teacher training who I had time to get to know before the training for a few short days. I am honored to have shared time with such an inspiring person who taught me so much through her life experiences and wise words.  As she taught her first class with her sweet southern voice and contagious smile, I felt calm yet strong when she mentioned delicately throughout the asana to sit proudly even in the most subtle postures.  Nearing the end of her practice she reminded the class about each of our own journeys to finding our path, followed by her soulmate Cat Steven's song, "On the road to find out".  By day 19, I did not think that I could transform any more than I had already had in the past weeks, but she reaffirmed to us that we are always in a fluid motion to finding out.  I came to the Costa Rica Yoga Spa for teacher training, but I what I gained was much more than just a certificate.  The insight I acquired over the past 3 weeks from my friends, teachers, scripture, and yoga itself has continued to aid in the ever changing transformation of essentially who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment