Thursday, July 28, 2011

Week 3 of teacher training, ahh what!

It is nearing the end of week three and the Shakti (energy) has been overwhelming.  I have reminded myself to take mental notes every chance I get whether it be about a certain sequence I plan on teaching or about the stunning sunset we are so blessed with each night here.  On Sunday we played on the beach of San Juanillo, Costa Rica were the color of the sand changed from cream to metallic black within a slowly paced ten minute walk.  My new friend Ellen and I decided that "yoga camp" as her parents call it, was just not enough of a mental mind fuck(a positive mental mind fuck to clarify), we would go for an hour long walk on the beach to listen to each other's viewpoints on the all inclusive subject of life.  We discussed various topics that two fairly new friends would talk about.  Ya know, our perspectives on life, love, and all the things we could squeeze out  of each other in that short period of time.  Aside from randomly stopping for unique shells on the beach, the conversation seemed to be endless as we consistently sparked up new interesting topics for each other to engage in.  We had lost track of time and found our way immersing into the crystal clear blue water.  As I swam my way up out of the ocean, wiped the water from my eyes, and slicked back my long hair to find Ellen, I felt the most at ease I had felt in years.  It was one of those "Ah ha moments".  An "Ah ha moment" in my description, is a moment when one recognizes something significant, which most likely has been in front of he or she for a long time; However, the connection between the mind, body, and spirit has finally been made.  Thus, inspiring the individual to say "Ah ha!".  So you may wonder what my moment was all about.  It was very simple and yes, it was right in front of me for a long time.  I was happy.  That was it.  I was happy and grateful for it.  Staring at the sparkling sun glazed water after rubbing my eyes clean helped me to embrace that one second in time I would never get back and never forget it.  Majority of the time in my life I have overlooked those ever so beautiful "Ah ha moments".   When I was a child, I remember  recognizing those moments much more frequently.  Anything could have set me off, mainly hearing the chimes of the ice cream truck around the corner or watching one of my favorite movies, "My Girl", for the millionth time.  It made me think, hm, where did that childlike quality go?  Well it never went anywhere, it lays every so gently dormant in my body patiently waiting for me to recognize the "Ah ha moment".  So let us remember that inner grateful child!!

No comments:

Post a Comment