Saturday, July 23, 2011

Trust, find your inner voice and open your heart to surrender with gratitude.


        The second week of Yoga teacher training briskly came and went filled with waves of emotions, challenges, and most importantly smiling bright eyes. We amped up our asana practice and our minds, feeling warn out by day 14 yet still yearning for more knowledge.  My eager body rested whenever given the chance and was regularly replenished with the magical fruits and vegetables provided by the jungle of Costa Rica.  The search was ignited to find my inner teaching voice.  When first teaching my fellow friends, I found myself having brain farts almost every few sentences as I tried to express the flow of my practice.  What foot to what hand? BRAIN, WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY, SPIT IT OUT!  Judgement tried to push it’s way in.  The old me most likely would have given up, but the new me decided to show compassion and remember that we always have tomorrow to improve.  
          Day 2 of finding our inner voice. I was exhausted and did not want to think of one more asana.  After two cups of coffee I remembered what it was like to be a somewhat functioning person.  We were put to the challenge once again, to find the teacher that is within us.  As drained as I was, I thought to myself that this new day can only get better.  To my reassurance, finding my voice today was not as frightening.  It was a voice deep inside me which I had been struggling to find for years.  Sure, speaking up to my parents was never hard for me especially being the baby of the family. However, speaking up for others to hear me seemed like a different galaxy.  My whole body vibrated with excitement screaming, “Yes, Finally, you found it!”. By the end of the day my face ached with the pain of smiling from ear to ear.  It was a smile of embracing her (my inner voice) and letting her finally shine. I'm going to go ahead and name her Sapphire. I began to enjoy her company progressively more as I taught asana the following day.   The pieces of the puzzle seemed to fit just perfectly by day three as I relaxed my shoulder’s, taught from my heart, and breathed out pure passion.  It was safe to say I found Sapphire.  She was sweet and blissful.

No comments:

Post a Comment